[WriteLog] WL Compatibility

Marty Tippin martyt@pobox.com
Wed, 07 Nov 2001 23:20:29 -0600

Go to the Writelog web site www.writelog.com - in the Downloads section,
toward the bottom, is a file called "SBrdChk.EXE"

Get that file and run it on the computer you want to use with WriteLog -
it'll tell you what capabilities the sound card supports that are needed by
WriteLog. If you get a score of "7F" you can be pretty certain that
WriteLog will work fine with your sound card. The program will tell you if
it finds any shortcomings.

Regarding the rigs, If the serial ports that control them appear in Windows
as regular COMx: ports (x is the number of the port), then WriteLog can use
the ports. I have 7 ports in my PC and WriteLog can use any of them. It's
limited to only 4 ports at a time, but you can tell it any 4 ports you have
(whether they're COM1 through COM4 or not).

The FT-847 is in the list of radios WriteLog knows how to talk to. I've
used the FT-847 before at field day and WriteLog worked with it just fine.

Good luck

-Marty NW0L
  martyt@pobox.com