[WriteLog] WL Compatibility

Gil Baron gbaron@home.com
Thu, 08 Nov 2001 10:26:34 -0600

--=====================_510355532==_.ALT

At 07:32 11/8/2001, Jim Reisert wrote:
>--- Clive Whelan <clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, as I have just discovered PCI i/o cards, only
> > permit COM5 up, and WL only permits COM4 down, seems like a non
> > starter?
>
>Not true on either count.

It is true that WIN98 will say you are on COM 5-8 on a PCI card. XP and
WIN2000 do it correctly. It is also true as you point out that it dose not
matter with the ini change.

>1.  I bought the cheapest PCI 2S1P card I could find at CompUSA.
>     Windows XP installed it at COM3 and COM4.
>
>2.  Writelog *can* access COM5-8 but you need to add a few lines
>     to writelog.ini to do it - search the reflector archives.
>
>73 - Jim AD1C
>

>=====
>Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863
>USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_510355532==_.ALT

At 07:32 11/8/2001, Jim Reisert wrote:<br>
&lt;clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk&gt; wrote:<br><br>
&gt; Unfortunately, as I have just discovered PCI i/o cards, only <br>
&gt; permit COM5 up, and WL only permits COM4 down, seems like a non
&gt; starter?<br><br>
It is true that WIN98 will say you are on COM 5-8 on a PCI card. XP and
WIN2000 do it correctly. It is also true as you point out that it dose
not matter with the ini change.<br><br>
2S1P card I could find at CompUSA.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Windows XP installed it at COM3 and COM4.<br><br>
2.&nbsp; Writelog *can* access COM5-8 but you need to add a few
lines<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; to writelog.ini to do it - search the reflector
archives.<br><br>
73 - Jim AD1C<br><br>
=====<br>
Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863<br>
USA +978-251-9933, &lt;jjreisert@alum.mit.edu&gt;,