[WriteLog] Entry Window Question

Gil Baron gbaron@home.com
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:49:43 -0600

--=====================_261465607==_.ALT

At 07:55 11/12/2001, Dave Earnest wrote:
>When CQ'ing (Run), I select the calling station with the mouse and the
>call populates the Callsign field. However, the cursor jumps to the RST
>field. If I hit Enter at this point I expect the call and rst to be sent.
>Instead the qsl/qrz message is sent.
>
>Why doesn't the cursor remain at the end of the call in the Callsign
>field? Of course, I have taught myself to hit the F2 key to send the
>exchange, but it would be much smoother to hit the Enter key to send the
>exchange, jump to the report field to enter the received report. Hit the
>Enter key a 2nd time and the Qsl/Qrz message is sent.
>
>Is this another "former TRlog user" problem?

It is supposed to work that way, the only sensible way, I think it is a BUG.

>73,
>
>Dave K7JJ
>David E. Earnest
><http://www.qsl.net/k7jj>http://www.qsl.net/k7jj

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_261465607==_.ALT

At 07:55 11/12/2001, Dave Earnest wrote:<br>
CQ'ing (Run), I select the calling station with the mouse and the call
populates the Callsign field. However, the cursor jumps to the RST field.
If I hit Enter at this point I expect the call and rst to be sent.
Instead the qsl/qrz message is sent. </font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
at the end of the call in the Callsign field? Of course, I have taught
myself to hit the F2 key to send the exchange, but it would be much
smoother to hit the Enter key to send the exchange, jump to the report
field to enter the received report. Hit the Enter key a 2nd time and the
Qsl/Qrz message is sent.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
It is supposed to work that way, the only sensible way, I think it is a
BUG.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'<br>