[WriteLog] Entry Window Question

DieselCar@aol.com DieselCar@aol.com
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 14:01:57 EST

gbaron@home.com writes:

<< At 12:30 11/12/2001, DieselCar@aol.com wrote:
 >k7jj@arrl.net writes:
 >
 ><<
 >  When CQ'ing (Run), I select the calling station with the mouse and the
call
 >populates the Callsign field. However, the cursor jumps to the RST field. If
 >I hit Enter at this point I expect the call and rst to be sent. Instead the
 >qsl/qrz message is sent.
 >. . . .>>
 >
 >Dave,
 >
 >Try the following:
 >1 - on WriteLog main window, click ENTRY
 >2 - click ENTRY SENDS EXCH/QRZ

<<
 This is true , BUT the cursor jumps out of the Call field when you use the
 mouse to select and enter the call,NOT GOOD, and now you have to use the
 exchange key, not enter. It should wait for a space bar before it leaves
 the call field as it does with a manual entry.

 This is something that should be fixed as soon as possible. It is not
 logical to work this way.

Gil,

By using the INSERT key, the last hi-lited call will be captured, placed in
the CALL ENTRY filed and sends the exchange. This is one way that one is
assured that the cursor stays in the CALL field until one moves it.

Rick W4UEF