[WriteLog] Curious??

Jerry Ford benlightnd13@home.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 00:59:13 -0600

Gentlemen:               Help me out here!!
I subscribed to this reflector as I am considering buying Writelog to
use as a logging / contest logging software.

I've done a lot of research on logging software and really want to use
something that is windows based.

(PC is a clone / AMD k6 300 with 256 megs of RAM and 3 gigs
harddrive.) ( OS is Windows 98 second edition ) upgrade from 95! (
Internet access via cable )
Norton Anti virus,  Zone Alarm firewall and bla bla bla.

Since I've never worked a contest ( or logged ) using my PC,  I'm not
really familier with all the bells and whistle you guys are discussing
here. I would like to have a software that will work CW / SSB / PSK &
RTTY  via soundcard.  ( no interface )
( been playing with Digipan and MMTTY )
After studying all softwares available,  I thought Wrtielog would fill
the bill but didn't really understand the difference between it and
others like Logic and DX4WIN.
I'm running a TS 930 sat rather than one of the new hot rod contest
rigs so not really interested in controlling the rig or rotor.  (
later additions to the shack will be control capable )( rotor is
compatible  " G-1000 SDX " )

So for the punch line:

I'm not a computor whiz so I want something that will breeze along and
do it's thing without giving me problems.

Will Writelog work all modes via soundcard or does it just support
other softwares that do that?
Does it run clean CW without the use of an interface and will it allow
me to use my key?  ( a G4ZPY and I'm not giving it up )
>From what I'm reading here,  Writelog seems plagued with software
conflicts.  Is that the case or is there just a large learning curve
associated with its use?  Is this a beginners software or a beginners
nightmare?

I don't expect you to be all that candid on the reflector ( not the
place for you to trash and bash anyway ) so if you feel the urge,
e-mail me direct at benlightnd13@home.com
Otherwise,  I would really appreciate any help as I am really confused
and concerned after reading some of the threads here.

Thanks to the group in advance for any advise and to the sponcor's for
the bandspace.

72 / 73  to the gang:              Jerry          N0JRN