[WriteLog] WL frequency control on 1000MP

John E Bastin, K8AJS jbastin@sssnet.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:42:28 -0500

I sent a note to the list about this problem once before and got no response, and I was aggravated with it again in CQ WW DX over the weekend, so I'll ask again.

I've found that when changing bands in WL from a packet spot, for instance, that ONLY the frequency of the radio is changed. In my setup, I have the radio switch antennas when I go from 20 meters and above to 30 meters and below, or vice versa. If I make a change like that using WriteLog, the antenna is not switched, and I find myself transmitting on the wrong antenna.

ALSO, when I travel from the bottom of the band up some distance when going from spot to spot, the automatic antenna tuner doesn't pickup on the frequency change either, resulting in a higher SWR than I would have if I was tuning up the band using the tuning knob.

Is there any solution for this problem, or is it a limitation in the CAT capabilities? Or worse yet, some problem with the 1000MP memory storage that it doesn't store antenna by frequency, for instance, but by what button on the front panel is pushed?

Does anyone have any idea of a solution? It's a bit of a pain to remember to push the front panel button on the radio to switch bands before I go to a particular packet spot on that band.

73,