[WriteLog] obscure but useful feature

Georgek5kg@aol.com Georgek5kg@aol.com
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 21:44:48 EST

--part1_ab.13260ec5.29384ca0_boundary

In a message dated 11/29/01 12:38:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dick.green@valley.net writes:

> This could be particularly useful for multis since exit and restart requires
> a couple of commands to relink to the network. It might be a worthwhile step
> to try instead of exiting and restarting if something stops working in WL --
> some functions may get reinitialized when the ini file is re-read.

This is great to know, because rebooting causes the loss of all spots unless
the cluster you are using supports the sh/fdx/nn command to quickly reload
the spots.

BTW, I keep a shortcut to writelog.ini on my desktop so I have convenient
access to it at all times.  Access to writelog.ini is that important to me!

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9450
914-312-9460 fax