[WriteLog] Observations, WriteLog/MMTTY combo CQWW

Gil Baron gbaron@home.com
Mon, 01 Oct 2001 22:01:56 -0500

--=====================_218356339==_.ALT

At 15:40 10/1/2001, w9hly@decaturnet.com wrote:
>The listed anomalies (below) were observed in the weekend RTTY
>contest.
>
>1.    Clicking on the scroll bar to the right will inhibit transmit mode.
>Click in the text area or WriteLog screen returns it to normal.

Yes, I noticed that too. Rather annoying!

>2.   Clicking on a call that is black in color (as opposed to a highlight
>of green or yellow) will enter the information (or junk) into the Entry
>Window starting with the character where the cursor is placed. (May
>be as designed but confusing to this op.)

That is working as designed and a good thing too. BUT they need to fix the
bug in highlighting!

>WriteLog/MMTTY combo:
>
>1.   Program would continue in transmit mode when the <ESC> key
>was pressed to terminate it. Pressing the key, a brief interruption
>(milliseconds) occurred and then returned to transmitting. Only way
>to get it to shut off was to terminated the program. (Cannot repeat.)

Never happened here.

>It was a pleasure operating the system in the contest, especially with
>a fix or two by SM6SRW & maybe others. Thanks!
>
>Vern

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_218356339==_.ALT

At 15:40 10/1/2001, w9hly@decaturnet.com wrote:<br>
observed in the weekend RTTY <br>
contest.<br><br>
1.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Clicking on the scroll bar to the right will inhibit
transmit mode. <br>
Click in the text area or WriteLog screen returns it to
Yes, I noticed that too. Rather annoying!<br><br>
that is black in color (as opposed to a highlight <br>
of green or yellow) will enter the information (or junk) into the Entry
Window starting with the character where the cursor is placed. (May
be as designed but confusing to this op.) <br>
&nbsp;</blockquote><br>
That is working as designed and a good thing too. BUT they need to fix
the bug in highlighting!<br><br>
1.&nbsp;&nbsp; Program would continue in transmit mode when the
&lt;ESC&gt; key <br>
was pressed to terminate it. Pressing the key, a brief interruption
(milliseconds) occurred and then returned to transmitting. Only way
to get it to shut off was to terminated the program. (Cannot
repeat.)<br><br>
Never happened here.<br><br>
system in the contest, especially with <br>
a fix or two by SM6SRW &amp; maybe others. Thanks!<br><br>
Vern<br><br>