[WriteLog] Compatible Operating Systems

Gil Baron gbaron@home.com
Thu, 04 Oct 2001 12:10:20 -0500

--=====================_442055932==_.ALT

At 11:39 10/4/2001, Peter D. Vouvounas wrote:
>It's now time to retire my present computer and move to 1.8 GHz or 2.0 GHz
>machine.
>
>Depending on the source of new hardware several flavors of OS's are offered.
>
>Win 2000
>
>WIN XP
>
>Millenium
>
>Would one or more of you kindly share DIRECT knowledge of which one or ones
>FULLY support ALL functions of WriteLog & DX4WIN.

I can tell you that WIN2000 will NOT support ANY LPT operations. Other than
that it works fine for me for everything else.
This is an educated guess but I would be quite sure that WINXP will work
exactly the same as WIN2000.

If you want the LPT function  you will have to go with WINME (millennium)

I would NOT make the decision only for WriteLog UNLESS that is all you are
going to run. I would get XP no questions asked. It is by far the best OS
Microsoft has written, even better than WIN2000. You can work around LPT
with COMM ports and some hardware.

Even if you must have ME I would get it with XP and make a dual boot to ME
if need be.

>Please don't respond if your unsure or have not FULLY tried the features of
>either WriteLog or DX4WIN with the operating system.  I'd like to make the
>best choice the first time.  It's not everyday that we make this type of
>investment and the required migration.
>
>TIA
>
>73
>
>PeterV [REN] WB3FSR
>Peter D. Vouvounas      Ofc: 732-701-1130
>                                 Cell:732-674-4001
>98 Meridian Dr.
>Brick, NJ 08724
>Mailto: wb3fsr@home.com
>InterActive 2way: wb3fsr@imcingular.com

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_442055932==_.ALT

At 11:39 10/4/2001, Peter D. Vouvounas wrote:<br>
computer and move to 1.8 GHz or 2.0 GHz<br>
machine.<br><br>
Depending on the source of new hardware several flavors of OS's are
offered.<br><br>
Win 2000<br><br>
WIN XP<br><br>
Millenium<br><br>
Would one or more of you kindly share DIRECT knowledge of which one or
ones<br>
FULLY support ALL functions of WriteLog &amp;
I can tell you that WIN2000 will NOT support ANY LPT operations. Other
than that it works fine for me for everything else.<br>
This is an educated guess but I would be quite sure that WINXP will work
exactly the same as WIN2000.<br><br>
If you want the LPT function&nbsp; you will have to go with WINME
(millennium)<br><br>
I would NOT make the decision only for WriteLog UNLESS that is all you
are going to run. I would get XP no questions asked. It is by far the
best OS Microsoft has written, even better than WIN2000. You can work
around LPT with COMM ports and some hardware.<br><br>
Even if you must have ME I would get it with XP and make a dual boot to
ME if need be.<br><br>
or have not FULLY tried the features of<br>
either WriteLog or DX4WIN with the operating system.&nbsp; I'd like to
make the<br>
best choice the first time.&nbsp; It's not everyday that we make this
type of<br>
investment and the required migration.<br><br>
TIA<br><br>
73<br><br>
PeterV [REN] WB3FSR<br>
Peter D. Vouvounas<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Ofc:
732-701-1130<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab><x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab><x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab><x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Cell:732-674-4001<br>
98 Meridian Dr.<br>
Brick, NJ 08724<br>
Mailto: wb3fsr@home.com<br>
InterActive 2way: wb3fsr@imcingular.com<br>