[WriteLog] PTT asserted when it should not be

Gil Baron gbaron@home.com
Fri, 05 Oct 2001 16:21:27 -0500

--=====================_14997745==_.ALT

I am using a Kenwood TS870. Since you cannot use PTT on a COMM port that is
not the one controlling the rig and al my other programs cannot use ti on
the one that does, I am set up for PTT via radio command.
The problem is that the PTT line (RTS, or DTR, or maybe both) are asserted
when the program starts. I suspect DTR is the culprit. Other programs do
not do that as they allow DTR to be the PTT. Is there a way to stop this.
If I cannot I ma forced to switch the RigBlaster to VOX for this program only.
Perhaps I can change the RigBlaster so that only RTS does a PTT operation
on it.

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_14997745==_.ALT

I am using a Kenwood TS870. Since you cannot use PTT on a COMM port that
is not the one controlling the rig and al my other programs cannot use ti
on the one that does, I am set up for PTT via radio command.<br>
The problem is that the PTT line (RTS, or DTR, or maybe both) are
asserted when the program starts. I suspect DTR is the culprit. Other
programs do not do that as they allow DTR to be the PTT. Is there a way
to stop this. If I cannot I ma forced to switch the RigBlaster to VOX for
this program only.<br>
Perhaps I can change the RigBlaster so that only RTS does a PTT operation
on it.<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'<br>
&quot;Baila como nadie te ve&quot; <br>