[WriteLog] WriteLog and IG9A

Joe Subich, K4IK w8ik@subich.com
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:28:20 -0400

Fabio,

> So, my question: do you have any suggestion about a pre contest
> work to let WL to work properly for all 48 contest hours ?

The usual precautions are ...

1) check each machine with MSCONFIG.EXE (start -> run -> msconfig)
   and eliminate all unneeded background programs (power controls,
   screensavers, etc.) and clean up autoexec.bat

2) check all cables (and check them again)

3) delete all unneeded files (*.TMP, *.BAK, etc.).  Be sure to
   empty the x:/WINDOWS/TEMP directory and the Internet Explorer
   cache if the machine is used for other purposes!

4) run scandisk to make certain your drives are clean

5) run defrag to compact the files and leave the maximum free space
   for you log and audio recording files

6) purchase and install get uninterruptible power supplies for all
   your computers and hubs if you haven't done so already.

73 & Good Luck,

   ... Joe, K4IK