[WriteLog] Jarts Log Submission

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au@bellsouth.net
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:32:54 -0500

There may be other ways to do this, but the way I do it is to save your
JARTS WriteLog file in a text file by band first.

To do this, go to the File pull-down menu and select "Save As".  Then
open up the file type list at "Save as type" and select "ASCII with no
formatting by band (.txt).  Name is as JARTS01.TXT or whatever.  The
ASCII logs generated by WriteLog contain all the information that is
asked for by the rules.

Then open up the text file with either NotePad or WritePad.  You will see
that all contacts are listed by band starting with 80M.  Leave the 80M
QSO's alone and go down to where the 40M QSO's start.  Now highlight
all QSO's starting with the first 40M QSO and going downward and
then hit the delete key so that only the 80M QSO's remain.

Now save that file as CALLSIGN.80 and close the program.  Open up
your full JARTS01.TXT file again.  This time highlight all 80 meter QSO's
and delete them.  Then highlight all the QSO's for 20, 15 & 10 and delete
them.  With only the 40M QSO's left, save that as CALLSIGN.40 and that
will be your 40M log.  Continue that for each band.  For JARTS, I will
send in the following files:

aa5au.80
aa5au.40
aa5au.20
aa5au.15
aa5au.10
aa5au.all (not required but I'll send it any way)
aa5au.dup (only required if you made 200 or more QSO's)

I will not send in a summary sheet since one will already have been sent
via their website WHICH IS REQUIRED.  If you plan on sending in your
logs for JARTS you MUST submit the summary sheet via their website:
http://www.edsoftz.com/JARTS/2001/rules2001.html

73, Don AA5AU