[WriteLog] Jarts Log Submission - SOLVED

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au@bellsouth.net
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 22:10:07 -0500

Andy, KB2EOQ, has provided us with, IMHO, the easiest solution
and that is to use the "find and replace" feature in Wordpad.

1.  Save WriteLog file as "ASCII per band".
2.  Open the ASCII file you just created in Wordpad (if you don't know how
to open Wordpad, just hit the Start button and go to Run and type in "wordpad".
3.  Go to the Edit pull-down menu and select "Replace...".
4.  In the "Find what:" entry box type 599 599
5.  In the "Replace with:" entry box type 599 XX 599 where XX is your age like 599 44 599
6.  Click on the "Replace All" button and it will put your age between the two 599 reports
throughout the entire file.
7.  Save the file.
8.  Now either highlight and delete contacts for 40, 20, 15 & 10 meters and save as a text
file called YOURCALLSIGN.80 or cut and paste as a new file for each band.  Doing the
same for each band.
9.  That should do it.  Pretty simple stuff really if you are a Windows cleaner.

But let me reiterate what I said before.  I seriously doubt the JARTS contest manager
will disqualify anyone for not putting your age in the log for each contact.  They
haven't in earlier years.

I'm going to do it because, well actually it's already done, and because I got busted
in WPX RTTY a few years ago for not putting my "off-times" in the log even though
I had put them on my Summary Sheet and it cost me the NA win.  Afterall, rules are rules.

This should be fixed within WriteLog though.  I guess it would be easiest if everyone
used Cabrillo format.  But they don't, so maybe Wayne will take it upon himself to
include the ability to create seperate band files for those contests like JARTS and ANARTS.
I know there is at least one contest that he supports the separate logs for each band
for but I can't remember which one.

73, Don AA5AU