[WriteLog] Re: Writelog/MMTTY problems FIXED

Andrew J. O'Brien obrienaj@netsync.net
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 23:27:49 -0400

Tom,

I solved the problem ..sort of , I am not fully  sure how but I got it
working again but I did.

What I noticed on my machine was that I had a few differing versions of
MMTTY on my computer, mostly from the days of testing it out and helping
write the MMTTY help files. .  They were in different directories.  I
deleted all but version 1.62.  I am not sure that the different versions
were causing the problem but I mention it here just in case it was a factor.

I ran Writelog and opened RTTYRITE  , Writelog was unable to open
MMTTY-Plug-in because I had deleted it from the path I originally installed.
That brought up the plug-in dialog box that asked me which path I wanted to
use , I pointed it to my Zakanaka directory where the latest version of
MMTTY resided.

The MMTTY plugin successfully loaded.  However I did get an error (see
below) but the program loaded anyway.  The error is DLL related.  Writelog
and MMTTY seem to perform as they should EXCEPT that the MMTTY plug-in does
not exit when I close Writelog (it is supposed to)  I have to close MMTTY
from the task.  If that is all that is a problem I can live with it.

So I would suggest you save a copy of MMTTY to a temp directory, delete
MMTTY from where you have it now, boot up Writelog and, when asked,  point
it to the MMTTY.EXE in your temp directory and see what happens.

I am not sure what the divide by zero error fix is , will check the
archives.

RTTYRITE9 caused a divide error in module MMTTYTNC.DLL at 017f:10006135.
Registers:
EAX=00000280 CS=017f EIP=10006135 EFLGS=00010206
EBX=00000280 SS=0187 ESP=0056f99c EBP=0056f9d8
ECX=00000000 DS=0187 ESI=012b0160 FS=594f
EDX=00000000 ES=0187 EDI=00000012 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
f7 f9 8b d1 0f af d0 2b da 89 45 f8 2b 5d e0 89
Stack dump:
00000012 012b0160 bfc05836 011a5650 0056fb6c 10007a1d 011a0000 00000000
00000000 00000280 00000012 011a5654 100120d1 011a5654 100121c4 0056fb6c

Andy KB2EOQ