[WriteLog] recording wave files

Keith Regli keith@kregli.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 23:47:39 -0400

Bill,

A program that I've used a lot and it's really simple is Wavedit.exe.
Microsoft used to distribute it freely, but I haven't seen it for a while.
I have it, but on a machine that is packed for my imminent move west.  I
won't have access for some time. Maybe someone else out there has it - first
came out on the Multimedia Jumpstart CD around '94.

Keith Regli WB6BIG
mailto:keith@kregli.com
http://www.kregli.com/wb6big.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: writelog-admin@contesting.com
[mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com]On Behalf Of FireBrick
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 7:57 PM
To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] recording wave files

I've read the clues on the Writelog K9JY website.

Somewhere I remember reading that there was a wiring mistake in the Heil to
MP connector.
That should be the one with the Yellow band.
A ground was miswired I think it said.

I'm experiencing hum when I hit a buffer key in my audio that I can hear in
the earphones during the playing of my buffers.

But I can't find the wireing error now that I'm looking for it. Can someone
please point me to where that is?

Does anyone also know of a shareware sound recording/editing program that
would make it easier than using Windows Sound Recorder?

You need a Lifestyle change if: You missed your 5th grade graduation because
you had jury duty.