[WriteLog] Re: 5.02 and XP home upgrade?

Gil Baron gbaron@home.com
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 23:49:38 -0600

--=====================_29944928==_.ALT

At 22:16 10/30/2001, Jim Reisert wrote:
>WinXP Pro is running great for me using 5.03.  I really enjoy the
>stability compared to Windows 9x.
>
>I wonder if the LPT port still works?  I never really used it anyway, but
>WriteLog does NOT support LPT keying under the Windows NT types of
>operating systems (this includes Windows 2K and may or may not include
>Windows XP).  I don't know if Win2K is more 98-like or more NT-link in
>this regard.  I also don't know if DX4WIN has the same limitations as
>WriteLog does.

XP is built on WIN2000 which is built on NOT and the LP will NOT work.

>- Jim
>
>At 08:33 PM 10/30/2001 -0500, Phil Levin W2GE wrote:
>
>>Subject just about says it all.  I purchased XP home upgrade and am thinking
>>about taking the plunge!!!  :eek:
>>
>>Anyone have any experience with this and any known problems with DX4WIN (I'm
>>using v5.02)??
>
>--
>Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863
>USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_29944928==_.ALT

At 22:16 10/30/2001, Jim Reisert wrote:<br>
using 5.03.&nbsp; I really enjoy the stability compared to Windows
9x.<br><br>
I wonder if the LPT port still works?&nbsp; I never really used it
anyway, but WriteLog does NOT support LPT keying under the Windows NT
types of operating systems (this includes Windows 2K and may or may not
include Windows XP).&nbsp; I don't know if Win2K is more 98-like or more
NT-link in this regard.&nbsp; I also don't know if DX4WIN has the same
limitations as WriteLog does.<br>
XP is built on WIN2000 which is built on NOT and the LP will NOT
work.<br><br>
At 08:33 PM 10/30/2001 -0500, Phil Levin W2GE wrote:<br><br>
all.&nbsp; I purchased XP home upgrade and am thinking<br>
about taking the plunge!!!&nbsp; :eek:<br><br>
Anyone have any experience with this and any known problems with DX4WIN
(I'm<br>
using v5.02)??</blockquote><br>
--<br>
Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863<br>
USA +978-251-9933, &lt;jjreisert@alum.mit.edu&gt;,