[WriteLog] Network different clock on PC

Gil Baron gbaron@home.com
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 07:02:14 -0600

--=====================_55901021==_.ALT

I have used dimension 4 for years. Itr is the greatest and yuo have a
choice of protocols and tie servers.
Ohh, and it is free!

At 02:03 10/31/2001, Jim Smith wrote:
>I use Dimension 4 http://www.thinkman.com/dimension4/.  It's free,
>haven't noticed any problems with size or memory usage, doesn't
>use any screen space and I have never found it interfering with
>other programs.  I run it on each computer on the LAN.  Hence no
>need to have a time server on one computer which then has to be on
>all the time.  I have no idea whether Dr. Who's ship (Tardis)
>operates as a time server but I know that some time solutions do.
>Not for me.  Don't want no servers that have to be left on all the
>time (including DHCP)
>
>73 de Jim Smith VE7FO
>
>FireBrick wrote:
> >
> > I also use Tardis. if you have multiple pc's on your home LAN, then Tardis
> > is the way to go.
> > It's not free, but beats all the freebies because it's smaller, uses less
> > memory, and works in the background without using up screen space, doesn't
> > interfere with other programs like many of the free time syncing programs.

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_55901021==_.ALT

I have used dimension 4 for years. Itr is the greatest and yuo have a
choice of protocols and tie servers.<br>
Ohh, and it is free!<br><br>
At 02:03 10/31/2001, Jim Smith wrote:<br>
</a> It's free,<br>
haven't noticed any problems with size or memory usage, doesn't<br>
use any screen space and I have never found it interfering with<br>
other programs.&nbsp; I run it on each computer on the LAN.&nbsp; Hence
no<br>
need to have a time server on one computer which then has to be on<br>
all the time.&nbsp; I have no idea whether Dr. Who's ship (Tardis)<br>
operates as a time server but I know that some time solutions do. <br>
Not for me.&nbsp; Don't want no servers that have to be left on all
the<br>
time (including DHCP)<br><br>
73 de Jim Smith<x-tab>&nbsp;</x-tab>VE7FO<br><br>
FireBrick wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I also use Tardis. if you have multiple pc's on your home LAN, then
Tardis<br>
&gt; is the way to go.<br>
&gt; It's not free, but beats all the freebies because it's smaller, uses
less<br>
&gt; memory, and works in the background without using up screen space,
doesn't<br>
&gt; interfere with other programs like many of the free time syncing
programs.<br>