[WriteLog] Re: 5.02 and XP home upgrade?

Gil Baron gbaron@home.com
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 07:06:02 -0600

--=====================_56129089==_.ALT

At 06:29 10/31/2001, Richard Thorne wrote:
>Jim:
>
>I have a machine with XP (home version).  When I bring up Writelog and go into
>ports, the lpt options are 'greyed out' and cannot even be selected.

AND gray they shall stay. LPT is NOT supported on XP as it was not on
NT  and WIN2000. You will have to find another way. Since everyone is going
to XP one day I hope he writes a driver for LPT because it is sorely needed.

Until then, search the archives, I think there is a driver available.
Someone wrote about using it here a week or so ago.

>Jim Reisert wrote:
>
> > WinXP Pro is running great for me using 5.03.  I really enjoy the stability
> > compared to Windows 9x.
> >
> > I wonder if the LPT port still works?  I never really used it anyway, but
> > WriteLog does NOT support LPT keying under the Windows NT types of
> > operating systems (this includes Windows 2K and may or may not include
> > Windows XP).  I don't know if Win2K is more 98-like or more NT-link in this
> > regard.  I also don't know if DX4WIN has the same limitations as WriteLog
> > does.
> >
> > - Jim
> >
> > At 08:33 PM 10/30/2001 -0500, Phil Levin W2GE wrote:
> >
> > >Subject just about says it all.  I purchased XP home upgrade and am
> > >thinking
> > >about taking the plunge!!!  :eek:
> > >
> > >Anyone have any experience with this and any known problems with DX4WIN
> > >(I'm
> > >using v5.02)??
> >
> > --
> > Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863
> > USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com

>--
>Rich Thorne
>ARS: N5ZC
>Amarillo, TX
>http://www.tcac.net/~rthorne/index.html

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_56129089==_.ALT

At 06:29 10/31/2001, Richard Thorne wrote:<br>
I have a machine with XP (home version).&nbsp; When I bring up Writelog
and go into<br>
ports, the lpt options are 'greyed out' and cannot even be
selected.<br>
AND gray they shall stay. LPT is NOT supported on XP as it was not on
NT&nbsp; and WIN2000. You will have to find another way. Since everyone
is going to XP one day I hope he writes a driver for LPT because it is
sorely needed.<br><br>
Until then, search the archives, I think there is a driver available.
Someone wrote about using it here a week or so ago.<br><br>
&gt; WinXP Pro is running great for me using 5.03.&nbsp; I really enjoy
the stability<br>
&gt; compared to Windows 9x.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I wonder if the LPT port still works?&nbsp; I never really used it
anyway, but<br>
&gt; WriteLog does NOT support LPT keying under the Windows NT types
of<br>
&gt; operating systems (this includes Windows 2K and may or may not
include<br>
&gt; Windows XP).&nbsp; I don't know if Win2K is more 98-like or more
NT-link in this<br>
&gt; regard.&nbsp; I also don't know if DX4WIN has the same limitations
as WriteLog<br>
&gt; does.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; - Jim<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; At 08:33 PM 10/30/2001 -0500, Phil Levin W2GE wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;Subject just about says it all.&nbsp; I purchased XP home
upgrade and am<br>
&gt; &gt;thinking<br>
&gt; &gt;about taking the plunge!!!&nbsp; :eek:<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;Anyone have any experience with this and any known problems with
DX4WIN<br>
&gt; &gt;(I'm<br>
&gt; &gt;using v5.02)??<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; --<br>
&gt; Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA
01863<br>
&gt; USA +978-251-9933, &lt;jjreisert@alum.mit.edu&gt;,
&gt;<br>
&gt; WriteLog mailing list<br>