[WriteLog] WL/MMTTY Screen Setup for CQ/RJ RTTY DX Contest

Hill, Don dhill@cprk.com
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 13:46:19 -0500

I've had a few people ask me how I manage to put all the necessary windows
on a single
17" monitor.  So last night, with nothing else to do, I created a screen
shot of the setup I
have configured for this year's CQ/RJ RTTY DX Contest.

I'm using 1024 x 768 resolution on a CTX 17" monitor.  I use two RTTY
windows.  One for
a PK232 and the other for the MMTTY RTTY engine.  Both RTTY screens receive
from the
same radio in a "dual" receive configuration.  The receive audio is split
and paralleled directly
into the PK232 and through an audio transformer to the computer soundcard.

I can also transmit from either the PK232 or MMTTY by paralleling the FSK
inputs to
my Kenwood TS-870.  I also have computer control of the radio.

Here's the link:  http://www.geocities.com/aa5au/wlscreen_cqww.html

The screen shot is not very well defined.  I need to learn how to make them
better.  On my
other computer I use a 19" monitor and have a little more real estate, but
it's basically
the same layout except the Band Map and MMTTY tuning indicators are on the
right
side of the screen since that's the side the other radio is on.

You could use the same setup for SO2R on a single monitor/computer.  I've
typed over
the different windows with identification of each window designated by a
letter A-K and
a short explanation below the screen shot.

Because the packetcluster is not allowed for Single Operators (except
Assisted), there
is no packet spots window (hmmm, I might be going Single Op this year?!).

My website is best viewed with Microsoft's Internet Explorer.  I've had
reports of over-
lapping text from Netscape users - sorry, don't know how to fix that yet.
Hope this helps.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.geocities.com/aa5au/