[WriteLog] Newbie problems

Garry Shapiro ni6t@intuitive.com
Sat, 08 Sep 2001 18:42:41 +0000

--------------857F0ECEDCB1DFDF2ABF1A1D

I am a Writelog  newbie, configuring my first contest setup---for this
weekend's NA CW Sprint. I have a few questions.

1. Setting Frequency. The Help file says:

 If RS-232 rig control is enabled, then the frequency and mode are
acquired from the rig directly. If not, then the values you have entered
in the Band Set Frequency dialog are logged. ...Normally WriteLog will
either get its frequencies from either manual input to the Entry Window,
or from a computer controlled rig attached to a serial port. You use the
Band Set Frequency&Mode menu entry to indicate your choice.

I am not observing fully bidirectional frequency control, as I
understand it to be.

I have an FT1000MP controlled through COM1. According to the quote
above, the frequency displayed in the QSO window should be slaved to the
MP's VFO---presumably including immediately after a band change. At the
moment, it is slaved and updates with each poll....but only if and after
I follow the following procedure:

* If I wish to QSY to 7040 from 20 meters, I must click on the displayed
20m frequency in the QSO entry window to open the frequency set window,
then either select "7000" and "OK" or Enter, and then manually tune the
VFO to 7040, or type in "7040" and press "OK" or Enter. Is it not
possible to select a frequency at the radio from the radio's memories
and have WL go there on the next poll? And is it not possible to change
the listed default (bandedge) frequencies in the frequency set window?
(I recall similar limitations in CT--is this a Yaesu limitation?)

2. Date Format

Dates are displayed here in YYYY-MM-DD format---but I much prefer
DD-MM-YY or DD-MM-YYYY. The tutorial on the K9JY website indicates this
format is possible. If so, it eludes me; how do I find it? Is this a
Windows thing?

-
160 meters-not a band but an obsession

--------------857F0ECEDCB1DFDF2ABF1A1D

I am a Writelog&nbsp; newbie, configuring my first contest setup---for
this weekend's NA CW Sprint. I have a few questions.
are acquired from the rig directly. If not, then the values you have entered
in the Band Set Frequency dialog are logged. ...Normally WriteLog will
either get its frequencies from either manual input to the Entry Window,
or from a computer controlled rig attached to a serial port. You use the
it to be.
the frequency displayed in the QSO window should be slaved to the MP's
VFO---presumably including immediately after a band change. At the moment,
it <i>is</i> slaved and updates with each poll....but only if and after
I follow the following procedure:
20m frequency in the QSO entry window to open the <i>frequency set</i>
window, then either select "7000" and "OK" or Enter, and then manually
tune the VFO to 7040, <i>or</i> type in "7040" and press "OK" or Enter.
Is it not possible to select a frequency <i>at the radio </i>from the radio's