[WriteLog] Keying CW in SO2R?

Billy Cox aa4nu@ix.netcom.com
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:59:44 -0500

> It shouldn't really be difficult to manage the lockout manually provided I
> don't use the timed CQ repeat. Finger button might be tired after awhile,
> though.

Let me chime in here also as I am looking for the same !

I use 2 rigs, 2 PCs, 2 TNCs, etc. as sometimes other
members of the Tenn. Contest Group use my station
for M/S or a "Fun" style M/M. Many years ago, after I lost
a LARGE log in the middle of a contest,  have since
used 2 PC's ... "just in case". (Was NOT Writelog)

I am still looking for ideas as to the "lockout" ... I use
FT-1000MPs here.  My rule with guest ops is IF I
ever see or here of you using both setups as the
same time, you'll never sit in the chair here again.

Still ... I'd like to have a solid way of preventing any
honest errors from being made, by them or me!

Those using Icoms make use of a "transmit inhibit" pin? on the back
of one of the ACC sockets and some diodes in a matrix I was told.

I also run QSK, and that may make the issue more of a
pain to resolve for CW ...

Doing this via software, for ALL modes would be GREAT!
                          <"wink, wink, nod, say no more">

73 Billy AA4NU