[WriteLog] MMtty Help Setup

Jon Harder jon@praxisworks.org
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 22:03:00 -0000

Ian,

Here are some notes I posted when others were having similar install
problems a few weeks ago.  This all assumes you have MMTTY V 1.61b,  plug-in
V13 from SM6CRW at the WL website 3rd party downloads, and WL 10.27G or
higher.

Note that if you get errors when installing the MMTTY plug-in, you may have
hidden
mistakes in your WriteLog.ini file.  With Jorgen's patient help last spring
I finally found some doubled backslashes in the lines for file locations in
the INI which were keeping the Contest Modules from installing.  There were
still a couple of these errors left to fix manually before the MMTTY plug-in
would finish properly.

Using Notepad, take a look in your WL.INI file (in the Windows directory)
and see if you have any double backslashes in the lines

[Configuration]
DataFiles=d:\Writelog\programs\

and also under [RttyRite]

MMTTY_LOCATION=D:\MMTTY\

This latter entry assumes you have MMTTY V 1.61B set up and running OK by
itself.   I have my files in the locations as shown here, with the full
MMTTY program located in d:\MMTTY\

Hope this helps!

Very 73,

Jon,    K1US