[WriteLog] new computer & wave mute

Jerry Pixton jpixton@shentel.net
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 19:51:05 +0000

Hi all,

Glad to be back home again after business trips for last several weeks. Am
setting up a new DELL Workstation 530 for CQ/RJ WW RTTY DX next weekend.

Got contest file setup with version 10.27G of WriteLog.

The computer has Integrated Analog Devices AD1885 AC'97 sound board. Seems
to be decoding ok so it is finding the proper Line In channel.

But my problem is that on transmit, WriteLog seems to be unmuting a channel
called "PC Beep Balance" (index 10) instead of the channel called "Wave
Balance" (index 1). If wave happens to be muted then I get no AFSK. For the
moment, I can just leave it unmuted. But I think that in SSB mode the Mic
In and the Wave channels get switched to play a message file or to use the
microphone. So I smell trouble.

The only parameters I know about in the ini file were for over-riding the
Line In selection. What do I do on the playback side to tell WriteLog where
the Wave channel really is?

I recall some of you have Dell computers with the integrated sound in them
- what have you done??

Jerry, W6IHG
Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton@shentel.net