[WriteLog] Setting MMTTY profiles buttons

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au@bellsouth.net
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 22:42:40 -0500

Answer to Question 1. The 10 buttons are shown because MMTTY comes with 5 default
profiles:

P1 = Standard RTTY
P2 = Fluttered signals
P3 = Fluttered signals (FIR)
P4 = Multi-path
P8 = 23Hz RTTY (MMTTY)

P5, P6, P7 & P9 are not defined (there are 9 available).  If you defined
all nine, then you would have 18 profile buttons!  You definitely don't
need 9 profiles for RTTY contesting and you don't need 23HZ RTTY!

Personally, I am only using two profiles (P1 & P2).  I deleted the others
and only have 4 profile buttons on my screen (one for CQ, one for S&P,
for each profile).

This is all explained on the MMTTY plug-in pages www.geocities.com/writelog

Answered to Question 2.  No, you can't change the name of the profile
buttons.  If you have more than, say 2 profiles, you will either have to
memorize what you have or make a cheat sheet.  Make it simple.

Perhaps Jorgen will allow in the future, to be able to show only those profile
buttons we wish to use while actually keeping the other profiles in tack.  hint hint

73, Don AA5AU