[WriteLog] Opening Log Window Problem

Bill Turner w7ti@dslextreme.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 04:57:10 -0700

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 06:42:51 -0400, Bob Smith wrote:

>All of my Writelog files are under C:\Ham so I just created a new folder
>called logs under Ham and put all of my contest files in it.

Once you have created a .wl file for a particular contest, you can start
WriteLog by just double-clicking the .wl file.  To take advantage of
this, I save the .wl file to my desktop to make it easily accessible,
since I often close and restart WriteLog several times during a contest.

After the contest is over and all reports and paperwork are done, I move
the .wl file to an archive folder.  Doing it this way makes re-starting
during a contest a one-step procedure instead of two-step.

There are lots of ways one can approach this and I don't claim my method
is the absolute best, but it does seem to be about as simple as it can
get.  Comments are appreciated.

Bill, W7TI