[WriteLog] W5XD Multi plus keyer and DX4WIN

Dave Henderson nr1dx@tellink.net
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 01:41:53 +0000

I just finished building a W5XD Multi+ keyer to assist in more efficient
2RSO operation under WRITELOG.

Using the keyer/2 radio switch under  Writelog , it performs as advertised
and I look forward to giving it a baptism of fire in the CW-WPX test at the
end of May.

Since during non contest times I use the station to chase DX etc, one of
the goals I have whenever I have a new accessory is to try and have it play
as seamlessly as possible within the existing setup without having to
change wiring setups for contesting versus non-contesting situations. To
that end has anyone successfully used the W5XD Multi keyer with DX4WIN (my
non contesting logging program) such that when you bring up the CW via the
keyboard window (<ALT><K>) you can send CW via the keyboard? I can send CW
via the paddles through the W5XD keyer under DX4WIN but I cant seem to
figure out how to get the CW  via the keyboard to work through the W5Xd
keyer under DX4WIN? I'm using a Kenwood radios if that gives anyone a clue

Thanks for the loan of the bandwidth

Dave
NR1DX