[WriteLog] 10.31 Simulator

Scot Herrick scot@k9jy.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 18:07:58 -0500

Hi Roger,

I had the same problem with the message of 'WriteLog not running.' I also
had downloaded the VBRUNx. However, I was on Windows 98, so it does not
appear to me to be an operating system problem.

I also do not have WriteLog installed in the 'default' directory of
ham\writelog. I have it in 'amateur\writelog.' Perhaps it doesn't see it
running (in spite of me having WriteLog all over my computer screen!)
because it is looking for the default directory and it's not there. Where's
yours located?

For others, the simulator was originally done to help stress test the
program. You could load in some really big logs and have WriteLog go to work
on it, especially in beta testing, to know that for your station it would
handle all the functions (remember the 'slowness' of the program after 2000
QSO's? Like that). Once we see this in operation, I'm sure us adventurous
amateurs will figure out other uses for it.

I did not have the opportunity to beta test this upgrade due to a family
situation where I had to travel to NJ, otherwise I would have hit this one
in beta testing. You can't catch them all....

CU...Scot, K9JY

See K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
http://www.k9jy.com
mailto:scot@k9jy.com
That made no change. I think I already had it installed anyway.  I'm running
Windows XP Pro.  Maybe that's the problem, otherwise I'm out of ideas.

Roger, W1EM