[WriteLog] W5XD multi-keyer operation

W. Wright, W5XD w5xd@writelog.com
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 16:11:17 -0000

This is correct. And I can add another simplifying hint:
if you use a mono cable for the CW as opposed to the stereo,
then there is no RING connection--the mono connector in
the keyer's stereo jack will connect the RING to ground,
and the circuit is complete.

You would only need to go to a stereo connector if you
have a problem with ground isolation and want to take
advantage of the opto-isolated keyer outputs, or if
you rig requires keying of a negative voltage (which only
some of us are old enough to remember).

Wayne