[WriteLog] Any ideas?

wa9als wa9als@starband.net
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 21:03:39 -0500

> I use a ICOM 746 and CT-17 to log contests. I unplug the CT-17 between
contests. I
> downloaded 10.33c. I plugged in the CT-17 prior to the NAQP and it
indicated NO RIG. Any
> ideas where to start checking for the problem.  It may have been caused by
the new version,
> but I have no idea how.
> Ed KN4Y

I'm not sure if you mean you unplug the CT-17 from power or from the rig, or
both, but I don't think that's an issue either way.  My CT-17 always has
power if the house has power.  My rig is off unless I'm operating.  The
computer is always on if the house has power.  When the power fails
(unfortunately fairly often), I never need to do anything to get things
talking again.  I don't even need to resync the PW-1 with the rig.

Make sure the rig address hasn't changed (not sure if the 746 has that menu
option).  The default is 56H for the IC-746 and WriteLog's default is to
find it at 56H (so you don't need to modify the rig address or modify the WL
ini file as allowed in v10.34B (at least).

If you have other software that uses the CT-17, try it - That will help rule
out something in WL.  If you don't have other software, you can get the free
Commander software at http://www.qsl.net/dxlab/.

Maybe this is a start at least?