[WriteLog] PTT setup for CW

Gil Baron gbaron@charter.net
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:01:30 -0600

There seems to be a defect in the way PTT works on CW.
With all my other programs the RTS line is used for push to talk totally
independent of the DTR used for keying the radio.

If I use Command Radio over Radio Port that works and is the only way I can
get PTT to work with WriteLog and of course this is not truly PTT.

If I select the On LPT16/COMM RTS it causes a big problem with the
operation. What happens is that when you start the program the radio box
shows Khz LSB and the band map stops updating. You can no longer read the
radio frequency. If you switch back to COMMAND the radio then all is ok.

Yes, I have saved the setup and the contest file but bad things are getting
saved since the operation of the radio control is destroyed instantly when I
use the LPT16/COMM RTS button.

What is going on here?

Gil Baron http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
44.08333 N 92.51263 W 1055'