Fw: [WriteLog] Sudden Unexplained WriteLog Problems - More Info

Robert Peterson w3yy@cox.net
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:14:10 -0000

More Info:

Running XP Pro here.  Tried deleting writelog.ini file and reinstalling.
Program then runs, but doesn't recognize any of my current log files.
Adding just the reference to these files in the .ini file or searching for
them causes the crash again.  It's like all my current log files have
suddenly become unrecognizable to WriteLog.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Peterson" <w3yy@cox.net>
To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 5:02 PM
Subject: [WriteLog] Sudden Unexplained WriteLog Problems

Today, when I tried to start WriteLog I experienced a number of unexplained
fatal errors.  I had not changed any WriteLog settings since the last time
it worked.

Here's what's happening:

1.  When I click on the WriteLog icon, the program starts and gives me the
option of what log to open.  If I try to open my general DXCC tracking log
file, I get the Write32.exe error window stating that "WriteL32.exe has
encountered a problem and needs to close."  It gave me the option to create
an error report and send it, which I did.

2.  If I try to open one of my contest log files, I get a WriteLog window
warning of "Invalid File Format".

3.  I tried installing the 10.37B upgrade - that did not solve the problem.

4.  I tried reinstalling my original 10.32E program - that did not work.

5.  I tried uninstalling WriteLog and then installing 10.32E - that did not
work.

Prior to this problem the only thing I can remember doing to the computer
was to install software for a HP DVD-Writer.

I'm out of ideas.  What should I try next?

Bob, W3YY

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---