[WriteLog] BANDMAP DISPLAY TIME

Ron St.Laurent ND5S nd5s@arrl.net
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:11:14 -0500

I posed the following question but did not send it.  Instead I searched
through the help utility and found my answer but I submit this entry for
others who may be wondering the same.  The Alt Y question still stands.

Is there a way to extend the time that callsigns appear on the bandmap?  I
ran the ARRL 160 CW contest without the cluster.  I manually entered calls
in the bandmap and it seemed that my entries dropped from the map within
about 20 minutes.  Doing a band sweep, as I returned to the bottom of the
band again the bandmap entries had already reset.  Is there any way to
extend this time?

Also, I used ALT Y then A to enter stations in the bandmap.  Is there a
quicker way to do this?

I plan on using the same technique this weekend for a mixed 10 meter entry.

ANSWER:  In the WRITELOG.INI file find the [BandMap] section, then the
DefaultTimeoutSeconds entry.  Change this entry to the number of seconds you
want the entry to remain on the bandmap.  Default is 1200 seconds or 20
minutes.

Thanks,

Ron ND5S