[WriteLog] Newbie observations (from the ex TR user)

Bruce Ferry bferry@brightdsl.net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:03:26 -0500

Thanks to all who have responded! Some good things did come from the
smoother.

I had several suggestions to use F11 (after an INI file change) to clear
the duplicate call. This would be better but it's still not what I want.
For best operation during the contest the duplicate QSO needs to clear
automatically. I know this isn't what everyone would like so could it be
an option?

Some good hints about window placement tinkering are found on W9JY's
site ( http://www.k9jy.com/ ) and this helps but I've found out that
only by actually doing it (over and over) will you get a feel for how it
works. One of my major restrictions is the laptop is 800x600 and this
does limit what you can do.

I had run through W9JY's site some before but I see I have to actually
go through it in detail to glean everything there. Such a wealth of
information!

My problem with window position being remembered applies only to some of
the windows. Saving the configuration does nail down most of them but
not all. I think I've seen other people talking about this too so it's
not something I seem to be doing wrong.