[WriteLog] Defending Gil

Andrew J O'Brien obrienaj@netsync.net
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 21:27:15 -0500

At the obvious risk of throwing my self into a flame pit, I must offer a =
tad bit of support for Gil.  I do so rather dangerously, not having =
fully read all his recent mail.  In the past I have studied his email =
and the intriguing reactions that his posts bring (on this , and other =
reflectors , including  a couple I moderate).  My conclusion is that he =
is genuinely well-intended but that his writing style gets him in =
trouble.  At times he has raised the type of issues that would be well =
accepted if they were from other hams.  I think that at times he means =
to say "it's broke and you might like to know it" but it comes out as =
"it's  broke , how dare you !  "

It is always intriguing to me that on reflectors ham's asking questions =
or making stupid points get flamed , while in amateur radio someone can =
check into a net and ask very stupid questions and be met with nothing =
but extreme politeness and kindness (75 excluded!).  I think we should =
be a little kinder .

Andy KB2EOQ

multipart/alternative
  text/html