[WriteLog] Namedmul.ini

Bill Holbert Sr. realbill@w5bbr.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 23:33:58 -0000

Well I hope all will take time to read the following which is an extract =
from help files of Writelog.  I find the instructions contains =
explanations for editing and changing the multipliers to be compatable =
with the latest changes which a contest manager may make.  As an example =
all the discussion about OR or ORE could be changed simply by making =
OR=3D7 under the [SS]] and making ORE=3DOR under the [SS-ALIAS] area.  =
After you do these changes the Cabrillo will then reflect OR if that is =
what you want regardless if you have entered OR or ORE during the =
logging of the contact.

Hell, that is enough from me but find this discussion a pain in my =
posterior.  I for one do not expect this .ini file to be kept completely =
updated by the author no more than I do the changes in the writelog.ini =
file after i customize it for my own use.

Adios from Texas.  With that I wish to express a happy holiday season to =
all and especially to you Wayne.

Regards, Bill W5BBR

Many contests that have a list of named multipliers that you work for =
multiplier credit. WriteLog gets the list of multipliers from a file in =
your \ham\programs directory (or the directory you chose when WriteLog =
was installed). All multipliers for all contests are in this one file. =
Normally, the file is correct as supplied with the program. If you find =
you want to edit it, editing may be done with any text editor.
Each contest has its own section in this file, starting with its name in =
square brackets. For example:

NAMEDMUL.INI is the name of the file

[NAQP]

CT=3D1

MA=3D1

NJ=3D2

NY=3D2

DE=3D3=20

The names that count as multipliers appear to the left of the equal =
signs, and the number of multipliers in the contest is the number of =
lines with equal signs in the section (up to the next square brackets).

The digits (or letters--it doesn't matter) to the right of the equal =
sign are used only to group the multipliers together in the display.

Each contest also has a second section with the name "-ALIAS" appended:

[NAQP-ALIAS]

OKLA=3DOK

CN=3DCT

CON=3DCT

In this section, the letters to the right of the equal sign are an =
"alias" or alternative name for the multiplier named on the left of the =
equal sign. WriteLog silently ignores any aliases in this section that =
have something on the right hand side that does not match any multiplier =
in the contest's other section.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---