[WriteLog] Rttyrite and P38

Wayne Wright, W5XD w5xd@writelog.com
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 14:23:33 -0600 (CST)

> I've just  installed Windows XP  and I'm trying to get my HAL P38
> running without  success.  I've put  P38_PORT=OX360   into the
> writelog.ini  file  in the  rttyrite section and still no joy.   Anybody
> have any  ideas.   I'm using  Writelog  10.37.
>
> Denis
> AA0YX

The P-38 is not supported by WriteLog on Windows XP.
However, you might be able to make it work. I haven't
tried this, but if you look at the instructions here:

http://www.writelog.com/support/lpt_port_support_on_windows_nt.htm

You might be able to translate the directions to
add the P-38 port addresses to the list allowed by
UserPort.

Off the top of my head, I don't remember exactly how many
port addresses the P-38 uses, but it won't cause any extra
damage to "open up" a wider range that it actually uses.
You might try 0x350 through 0x370 to start.

Wayne