[WriteLog] I asked last week about this

FireBrick FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:04:54 -0600

but in all the holidays I didn't see any response.
So...can anybody lend some light on this and see if I'm on the right track?
--------------

As a learning exercise, I'm trying to create mode specific friends files.

Some of the rtty ops are also cw ops but not necessarily vice versa.

As far as I can see, WL looks for 'friend.ini' but would not use
cwfriend.ini or some other named file.

but....from the manual (see, I do read the manual, I'm just too stupid to
understand it.)
--------------------------------
the letter "H"
The callsign in the Entry window is looked up in "Friend.ini". If it is
found then the text corresponding to the call is sent. So if, for example,
Friend.ini contains the entry "W5XD=HI WAYNE", then, if W5XD is the call in
the Entry window, then "HI WAYNE" is sent instead of the "%H". By default,
the section in Friend.ini that is used is "[HI]", but the "HI_SECTION" entry
in the "[Configuration] section of WriteLog.ini can be edited such that
WriteLog will lookup some other section in "Friend.ini".
--------------------------------
I take this to mean that if I put a line in the Configuration section of
writelog.ini such as
HI_SECTION=CW
and then put the lines into Friend.ini such as
[CW]
W1AW=HIRAM
W9OL=Dumbo

That a buffer with %H would send
HI Dumbo
if I'm operating CW

so after all this. How do I tell WL to use the [RTTY] or [CW] sections of
the Friend.ini automagically when I'm in a rtty or cw contest?

Only way I see presently is to have both HI_SECTIONS= lines in the
writelog.ini and 'rem' out the unneeded line.

You May be a CheeseHead if: You only know three spices: salt, pepper, and
ketchup.

W9OL, Bill H. in Chicagoland