[WriteLog] Switching modes easily

Bill Turner w7ti@dslextreme.com
Sat, 02 Feb 2002 07:00:15 -0800

After years of using RTTY by WF1B, I have finally bowed to the
inevitable and will be using WriteLog in today's XE RTTY contest.

I have it set up using MMTTY and apparently it is working ok.  In fact,
I am impressed with how well it copies compared to RiTTY by K6STI which
I've been using with Ray's program.  I have a second computer running
RiTTY by itself in parallel, so it will be interesting to see how they
compare in a real contest.

One question, however:  I want to use WriteLog in CW and SSB contests
too, and I'm wondering if there is an easy way to change the
configuration between those modes and RTTY?  I know about checking the
RTTY box in the "Windows to open at startup" part of the save
configuration dialog, but isn't there an easier way?  Doing it that way
means that changing from RTTY to CW means opening WriteLog in RTTY mode
then saving the configuration and un-checking the RTTY box, then closing
WriteLog and re-opening it for CW or SSB.

I tried saving the two separate .ini files and copying the appropriate
one to \windows, which does work, but I wonder if someone has figured
out a better way.

All suggestions appreciated.  See you in the contest - I'll be the one
fumbling with the F-keys.  :-)

73, Bill W7TI