[WriteLog] Computer hardware question

Jerry Flanders jflanders2@home.com
Mon, 04 Feb 2002 18:20:23 -0500

You don't need a faster computer unless you are going to use soundcard
decoding. Your 486 will work FB with the external RTTY MODEM. It might even
work OK with the soundcard at 100 MHz speed - you would have to compare it
side-by-side with a faster machine to be sure. I have a P133 32mb and a
Cyrix150 48mb and they both work fine with WL+rittyrite or MMTTY.

Jerry W4UK