[WriteLog] dual monitors??

Pawel, SP7PS sp7ps@bonus.com.pl
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 23:16:12 -0000

Hello Jerry and WL Users,

I am user of two monitors and dual monitor card. My card is ATI Radeon 7500
and it has three outputs: DVI (for LCD monitors), "normal" monitor and
TV-out. I use this card with 2 LCD and it works great.
What can I tell about Radeon? I know, they have good price and  one of the
best TV output signal (so, you could watch RTTY signal on your TV set
instead of second monitor, hi). I found at http://www.tomshardware.com
information, that Radeon are much better quality then Matrox series
cards......

One of the best features of ATI Radeon card series is, that you can use two
different screen resolution of each monitor. For example, one of my LCD is
NEC-1850DX (18,1" with 1280x1024) and second LCD is 15" AOC (1024 x 768). I
know, that other card expect
to use the same resolution on both monitors.

Now few words about working with two monitors: it is easy. You can set
computer to show the same on both monitors (not useful for us, contesters)
or better to use put some of the windows/programs in one monitor and other
programs on second one. It is funny to move mouse from first screen to
second (just go right and you are on second - if it is from your right hand,
hi). You can even set the window to see left part in monitor one and right
part of window on second one. I put on second monitor ALL bandmap and I can
controll all time what is new for me (better then looking in spot window). I
also open DX4WIN to see, if it is quite new country for me :-)

The only problem with ATI Radeon is, that it needs AGP slot in computer. If
you have older computer it is not possible to use this card.

Best 73's and have fun with 2 monitors!
Pawel, SP7PS

P.S. This weekend I will play with my friends from SP5ZCC Scouts Club as
3Z0WPX in multi-two category. Work us please and put in the Clusters :-)))