[WriteLog] how do you open ANOTHER Rttyrite window

Scot Herrick scot@k9jy.com
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 16:51:16 -0000

The best place for having two TNC's for WriteLog is AA5AU's excellent site;
I followed his instructions and they worked just fine.

For down and dirty (expect to receive, but not xmit correctly), go to the
WriteLog toolbar and go to Radio, Number of Radios, and change your number
from 1 to 2. Even though you don't have two radios. This opens a second
Entry Window.

Click on the top Entry Window making it active. At the WriteLog toolbar, go
to Window and open up Rttyrite. This should open what you have now for using
Rttyrite (my presumption is a sound card TNC or the MMTTY plugin).

Click on the second Entry Window to make it active window. Go to Window and
open up Rttyrite. When Rttyrite opens, select your TNC (the KAM, or in my
case, the PK-232) and set the parameters (Com Port, etc.). You should now
see receive in both windows. You have to get the radio signal from the same
source (I have a Y connector on my AF Out on the radio).

It's really pretty simple, but see AA5AU's site for more excellent
specifics. Go through his site once and you'll have it down cold. I just did
this on the home station with an ancient (1989?) PK-232 and MMTTY in the
RTTY WPX contest. While MMTTY was excellent on the decode, there were a
surprising, to me, number of situations where the PK-232 got the decode
nailed that the MMTTY program missed. And if you change profiles on MMTTY
and conditions change (e.g., flutter signals to Standard RTTY), you would
see the PK-232 pick up stuff better then MMTTY in an inappropriate profile
for the conditions. I did it as an experiment. I won't go back!

CU...Scot, K9JY

K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
http://www.k9jy.com
mailto:scot@k9jy.com