[WriteLog] A couple of queries after WPX

Phil Cooper Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:14:42 -0000

Hi all,

Well, as this was only the second time I used WL, I found that it worked
very well, and I enjoyed all the features I could fit onto my two monitors.

I do have a couple of queries though, and one of you kind gents may well
have an answer.

Number one is that if I click on QWE it won't "see" it as 123 for a serial
number. Is this the way it works, or is there something I need to do? When I
tried it, it simply moved the cursor point to the next field.

Number two concerns the "check call" window, which I had hoped was going to
be very useful, but I found that it didn't "check" anything until the QSO
was logged. Again, is this correct? Or is it just that way for WPX? I was
hoping that it would show which bands/calls I had worked already for that
mult/call.

Lastly, I thought I saw someone mention that the frequency displayed by the
Ctrl-T (to bring up the packet spot window) was displaying something other
than that shown on the rig.
Well, for the most part, mine showed what it should have done, EXCEPT for a
couple of occasions when it showed a frequency about 1kHz HIGHER that I
actually was. Not sure about more than that, as I wasn't really paying too
much attention to that particular area.

73 for now
Phil GU0SUP