[WriteLog] BARTG Spring RTTY Contest Buffers

Jerry Pixton jpixton@shentel.net
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:39:17 +0000

Bill,

When you have more than one entry window, Writelog does a good job of
assigning unique serial numbers to each as you put calls in them.

The configuration is SO2R. You click a call from each rttyrite window for
each radio (or even one radio with dual receive like the FT1000mp) and then
you try to call each but the one you try first comes back to someone else
so you call the other (and send a serial two greater than last logged). Now
you go back to the first station and send its report which has a serial one
less than last logged. Or you must remove that call sign and re-click on it
to get the next serial number.

Or you have a green one queued up to work and you see a yellow on the other
radio so you work him. He gets serial plus 2 while the green one gets
serial plus one (or one less than you just sent to the yellow station)

Clear as qrm??? Doesn't happen on single radio single rtty window. But I
would guess that even things like using the sound board and a Rttyrite
window and another sound board and MMTTY in a second window feeding the
same audio to both, would cause the same effect. Although I havn't yet
tried that.

Jerry, W6IHG