[WriteLog] Weird keyboard function key behavior with PK-232

Ed Van Cleave edvanc@attbi.com
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 18:56:35 -0600

Used my completely updated PK-232/DSP as a rig keyer with Writelog in this
weekend's contest.  Things were going okay when WriteLog began repeating the
last message sent on a keyboard function key for which it was not
programmed.  For example, since I search and pounce due to lack of a beam,
F2 is programmed with my call and F4 is programmed with the contest
exchange.  During the contest, I finished a QSO with the exchange, then
called the next station using F2.  To my surprise, the F4 message was
repeated.  This incorrect substitution seems to hold over to the next key,
not matter which one is pressed.  Then once it plays, the message assigned
to the key is correct.  Any ideas about what's going one here?

Ed, W0VC