[WriteLog] Dayton 2002

Dale Sinner dsinner@tfb.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:29:25 -0800

ATTENTION ALL RTTYers

Dayton Hamvention is approaching rather rapidly and I want to remind
everyone who wants a room that there are still rooms available. Simply go
to the <www.rttyjournal.com> web page and click on Dayton 2002. From there
you can obtain the reservation/dinner form, them just follow the
instructions. Securing a room is of vital importance when going to Dayton
and we always reserve a block of rooms for us RTTYers. We stay together and
have our annual banquet. We have a hospitality suite compliments of the New
RTTY Journal.

This year we have moved to the Howard Johnson hotel which is a lot closer
to the arena and the airport. This new hotel does not have a restaurant but
there are many eating establishments within walking distance of the hotel.
The hotel has a daily continental breakfast which is free with your room.
They also have a nice lounge area where we can all meet and greet each
other. The rates are also reduced from last year and we now will be paying
only $85 per night plus taxes, etc.

Our annual dinner will at the hotel and the menu is on the journal web
page. The price of the dinner has also been reduced. We will have a guest
speaker and this year it will be Doug Faunt, N6TQS. Doug is out right now
on three DXpeditions and will have slides and a fine program for us.

Don't miss this year's Dayton. It will be fun and again we will have a
forum which will be moderated by ARRL Hudson Division Director Frank
Fallon, N2FF. He has yet to announce his program but knowing Frank, I'm
sure you will find yourself both entertained and enlightened.

So don't hesitate any longer, get the form, reserve a room, pay for dinner,
and get set to have a great weekend at the Dayton Hamvention with all your
RTTY friends.

73
Dale Sinner, W6IWO

PS: Foreign hams who are considering attending, please contact me first. We
have special instructions for you.