[WriteLog] N6TR Kenwood computer interface: Help needed!

Dave Hachadorian k6ll@juno.com
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 22:44:44 +0000

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002 17:34:21 -0400 "Dean M. St. Hill"
<vision2000@sunbeach.net> writes:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I just made an interface for rig control on a Kenwood TS850 / TS450,
> using
> the N6TR methodology which uses a 5 volt zener and a resistor as the
> only
> active components.
>
> The interface works perfectly if I type in a frequency into CT,
> Writelog,
> DX4Win... and quickly sets mode, frequency etc. on the rig, but when
> I move
> the dial, the frequencies are not changed in any of the programmes.
>
> Does anyone know if this interface is meant to be a two-way
> interface like
> the W1GEE or if its just meant to do what its doing now.
>
> My interpretation of the circuit is that it should read frequency
> from the
> radio.

I use that interface all the time. It does read the frequency
and provides all of the other interface functions.

Did you remember to jumper CTS/RTS on the Kenwood side?
WL Setup/ports/Baud rate set to Auto? Polling yes.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com