[WriteLog] Kenwood RIT control

Dave Henderson nr1dx@tellink.net
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:41:17 +0000

Dear Mr Obvious, ...long time listener ..first time caller  ..(with
apologies to Bob and Tom)

I am recent refuge here from TRLog. After using Writelog in a couple of
contests and I find that I have made the transition fairly smoothly most of
my "withdrawal symptoms" as an ex-TRLog (10 year user) are now gone.

One thing I really do miss as a avid CW contester was TRLog's ability to
move my Kenwood (TS-950/870/850) RIT up and down from the keyboard using
the left and right shift keys.  This allowed complete control of the run
process form the keyboard without moving ones hands back and forth from the
radio to the keyboard and back again. This might not seem like a big deal
to many of you but after running CW  Q's at 150/hour for  a couple of hours
you will begin to appreciate the significance of not halving to reposition
your hands on the keyboard after tunning the RIT when sorting out a mini
pile up.

Anybody got any ideas as to how this might be implemented in Writelog by
writing some kind of keyboard macro or something or do we need to add this
to the wish-list and wait for it to get incorporated in a  new release some
day?It is obviously part of the Kenwood control set as near as I can figure
out from reading the Kenwood manual.

All thoughts and suggestions welcome.

Dave
NR1DX