[WriteLog] FT1000D Computer Command Problem

Donald Eriksen don.wsixffh@verizon.net
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:20:18 -0800

This is a FYI for  FT1000D owners, especially older ones, about trying to
use MMTTY, RITTY, or other programs and expecting to get PTT to work using
AFSK with computer commands. In short, it won't work.

I just made a call to Yaesu USA and talked to a Tech. He informed me that
they discovered this problem long ago and there is an EPROM update that
fixes that and some other issues. Mine was bought in 1993, so it's one of
the originals. I wouldn't trade it for the world though, it's been a
workhorse and great rig.

Now, the dilemma: The cost of the new EPROM is $70.00 which I don't mind,
but the worst part is it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get it turned around and
that's hand delivering it to them! (they are only about 20 miles from me).

Since it's my only HF rig, that's a big hit!

As it is now, I can use it for both programs in AFSK by turning on the VOX
and letting the soundcards (2) trigger PTT. Or, of course, run FSK using two
Serial Ports.

Just thought I'd post this in case others are having this problem. I have no
idea about the MP, I doubt they have any problem like that since they came
out much later.

If anyone has questions feel free to send me a message direct or to the
reflector and I'd be glad to interface with Yaesu since it's a local call
for me.

Don  W6FFH
don.wsixffh@verizon.net