[WriteLog] RE: Software Memory Leak (maybe!)

Gerry Hull windev@inetmarket.com
Thu, 03 Jan 2002 13:52:23 -0500

Again, Dick, I was the person who started the "memory leak" thread.

Specifically, the problem is NOT program speed.  On both occasions,
systems were PIIIs with at least 512Mb ram and >30GB of disk space.
Both were Windows 98.  After 10 to 12 hours of operation, if you did
not change anything in the application, everything seems to work.
However, If I requested Writelog to open a new window, I would get
either an "Out of memory" error, or a "cannot create Window" error.
After which, the fonts would change to the system default font, and
Writelog would continue to function.  If I exit Writelog and restart,
all would return to normal.

So, again, not a show stopper, but something to think about.  In my
experience, this type of resource comsumption is usually caused by
a leak.  It could be in Writelog, MFC, ATL, who knows.  But it is
certainly not a big issue, just an inconvenience.

73,

Gerry, W1VE