[WriteLog] Date/Time Adjust

Georgek5kg@aol.com Georgek5kg@aol.com
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 16:28:08 EST

--part1_118.a603a45.296626e8_boundary

In a message dated 1/2/2002 9:20:04 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
wa9als@starband.net writes:

> "IT" is the computer, i.e. double-click on the time in the sys tray in the
> lower right-hand corner of your screen.  Make sure you have the TIME ZONE
> set for Casablanca if you have the time set for UTC.  I have mine set to
> local time, so I have the Indiana East time zone selected.  WriteLog will
> do the time correctly if you have you clock and time zone set properly.
> Let me know if I can help any further...  73

Tnx for the clarification.

Over the past year, I got really confused about how WL enters the correct
time in the log.  Since first starting to use WL some two years ago, I have
had my computer clock set on UTC/Casablanca, and WL would correctly assign
the computer's time to the log entry.  Then, all of a sudden during some
contest this past fall, I discovered my log entries had 5 hours added to UTC.
 So, based on that, I set my computer clock to EST, so that the +5 hrs. would
produce a correctly timed log entry.

I have no idea of why +5 hrs was being added to the computer's UTC time to
cause an incorrect log time.  However, I have once again set the computer's
clock to UTC/Casablanca and the log time is now correct.

If the WL Help file ever gets updated, it recommend that a full explanation
of how WL handles time be included in the documentation.  Selecting "time" in
the Help file explains nothing of this.

Tnx for helping me figure this out.

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450
941-312-9460 fax
201-415-6044 cell

<A HREF="http://www.consultpr.com/">www.consultPR.com</A>
<A HREF="http://www.fs9000.com">www.fs9000.com</A>

--part1_118.a603a45.296626e8_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 1/2/2002 9:20:04 PM Greenwich Standard Time, wa9als@starband.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="FIXED" FACE="Andale Mono" LANG="0"><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">"IT" is the computer, i.e. double-click on the time in the sys tray in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.&nbsp; Make sure you have the TIME ZONE set for Casablanca if you have the time set for UTC.&nbsp; I have mine set to local time, so I have the Indiana East time zone selected.&nbsp; WriteLog will do the time correctly if you have you clock and time zone set properly.&nbsp; Let me know if I can help any further...&nbsp; 73</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="FIXED" FACE="Andale Mono" LANG="0"><BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
Tnx for the clarification.<BR>
<BR>
Over the past year, I got really confused about how WL enters the correct time in the log.&nbsp; Since first starting to use WL some two years ago, I have had my computer clock set on UTC/Casablanca, and WL would correctly assign the computer's time to the log entry.&nbsp; Then, all of a sudden during some contest this past fall, I discovered my log entries had 5 hours added to UTC.&nbsp; So, based on that, I set my computer clock to EST, so that the +5 hrs. would produce a correctly timed log entry.<BR>
<BR>
I have no idea of why +5 hrs was being added to the computer's UTC time to cause an incorrect log time.&nbsp; However, I have once again set the computer's clock to UTC/Casablanca and the log time is now correct.<BR>
<BR>
If the WL Help file ever gets updated, it recommend that a full explanation of how WL handles time be included in the documentation.&nbsp; Selecting "time" in the Help file explains nothing of this.<BR>
<BR>
Tnx for helping me figure this out.<BR>
<BR>
73, Geo...<BR>